LGSA Travel Home Page
Welcome to the LGSA Travel Softball Program!
Our goal is to provide a quality softball program for the girls of Libertyville Township and surrounding communities. Through practices and drills to keep participants interested in learning the game of fastpitch softball, our mission is to help players develop a solid understanding and the fundamental skills necessary to be successful at each appropriate age level. Tryouts help us determine interest at each level and girls will be placed based on skill and capacity. LGSA is supportive of multisport athletes, but expects softball to be a priority during the Spring and Summer season.
- Paid, professional coaches
- Partnership with LHS Softball Program
- Off season skills/position training
- Practice t-shirt
The dates below are approximate and only meant to give some sense of a “typical schedule”. A general rule of thumb is that the older the age group, the more practices, games, and tournaments.
- Tryouts and player commitments
- Practices for teams may start in mid to late August. Teams practice 1-3 times a week with about ~10 games played. The fall season may include a few “round robins” and tournaments and the older players can expect to play more games. The fall season will ends mid to late October.
- Athletes should expect 1-3 practices a week during the winter season. These practices will be at local indoor facilities or at schools.
- Teams will practice or compete 3-4 times a week during the Spring/Summer season. Competitions will consist of league and tournament play.
10U: 2-4 tournaments
12U: 4-6 tournaments
14U: 5-6 tournaments
16U: 5-6 tournaments/possible National tournament bid
For additional information regarding our travel program, please contact Jackie Randall or Michael Riley